Patient Participation Group
The Aims of the Patient Participation Group
The purpose of the Patient Participation Group (PPG) is to ensure that patients and carers are involved in decisions about the range, shape and quality of services provided by their practice. The requirement aims to promote the proactive and innovative involvement of patients and carers through the use of effective PPGs and to act on a range of sources of patient and carer feedback in order to improve the services delivered by the practice.
The role of the PPG includes:
- being a critical friend to the practice
- advising the practice on the patient perspective and providing insight into the responsiveness and quality of services
- encouraging patients to take greater responsibility for their own and their family’s health
- carrying out research into the views of those who use the practice
- organising health promotion events and improving health literacy
- ongoing communication with the patient population.
This guidance supports practices to meet the contractual requirements and provides examples of the activities that support good participation.
If you are a registered patient of this surgery, and would be interested in serving on such a group, please click on the image opposite and complete the details.
Patient Practice Group Signup
Patient Practice Group Contact Form
Patient Practice Group Minutes Archive
Patient Participation Group Meeting Dates
All meetings are held at Harborough Field Surgery between 16.45 - 18.00
Monday 17th April 2023
Monday 12th June 2023
Monday 14th August 2023
Monday 16th October 2023
Monday 11th December 2023